In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Captive’s Choice.”
Despite the unlikely scenario that I’d have an option…here goes nothing, lol.
OK, so, if I was kidnapped and given those three options I would have to choose the forest.
There are several reasons for this (despite the inherent pull of a deserted island upon which to sit and have a nice long vacation from life, haha).
- Desert islands are called “desert” for a reason.
- There’s NOTHING THERE! lol.
- It would probably get pretty hot as most desert islands (for some odd reason) seem to be in the tropics and I REALLY don’t like being hot all the time!
- Barring the chance that the island was recently visited by some rumrunners (hahahaha, right) there probably isn’t much to drink or eat. I don’t fancy diving for clams, urchins, or any other sort of shellfish, fish, or crustacean. The coconuts would probably be hard to open and I’m not a huge fan of coconut water/milk.
- The forest would likely have lots more chances for shelter.
- Yes, there might be more dangerous animals in the forest, but I’m fairly confident in my ability to at least climb high enough to escape boars and other such possibilities. Bears, on the other hand, are terrifying and can climb trees.
- Forests are pretty!
- Sure, islands can be pretty too…but, there’s just something about the magic of a forest.
- I think I’d be better off setting traps for small forest animals than fishing. I believe I’ve caught a grand total of 2 fish in my entire life. Traps? Well…I’ve never used one myself, but I’ve made them in survival video games and watched a lot of those “survival” shows…lol. It can’t be all that hard to at least set up a pit or simple snare.
- Ok…so that’s about it for the moment. I’m sure there are more reasons…but this list is long enough. 😛
Anyway, that’s my response to the prompt. Go check it out and do it yourself if you like it! I’ve always liked these sorts of questions.
Have an unbelievable day! 😀
-Adam KW King-