OK. So…here is my review of Life is Strange from Dontnod. (I’ve put over 51 hours into this game, btw, so don’t tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about. =P )
This game destroyed my life. Seriously.
(Don’t read further if you’re playing the game and haven’t finished it yet. There WILL be spoilers.)
- I LOVED this game. It was the BEST game I’d played in my entire life. Until the ending.
- The ending sucked balls. I’m sorry, but I just don’t know how else to say it. It was horrible. I could live with the game ending that way ONLY if there was an announced sequel at least in the planning stage. However, as it is, Chapter 5 was simply too brief. There weren’t enough choices. There weren’t enough collectibles. There wasn’t enough content in general.
- It IS one of the best designed games I’ve ever seen or played. It is truly beautiful.
- The story is the top reason I started playing this game and it is what kept me playing. Even more than the beautiful graphics in a game, the story keeps me playing.
- There is plenty of replay value. I just wish that replaying would actually unlock new endings. They need more ending options in Chapter 5. Without that…well, the game is simply unfinished in my honest and humble opinion. Please, Dontnod, just add more content to this game in another update or make a sequel. PROMPTLY.
OK. So…that’s really all I have to say.
Whew, I feel much better after getting that off my chest.
10 Trillion Trillion Trillion points UP for Story, Design, Gameplay, etc. etc. etc.
-10 for Chapter 5. It was simply too brief.
Overall I recommend buying all but the final chapter. That “final” chapter was a joke. Seriously. Don’t pay for it. Just play the rest of the game and…idk, write fan fics for it or something. lol.
Hope you have an unbelievable day!